Ayr Century - Sunday 10th July

Hi Folks

I'm hoping to repeat last year's Ayr-Newton Stewart run, on Sunday the 10th of July. If anyone else wants to come along I'll be delighted.

Here is the route - 103 miles, starting & finishing at Burns Cottage, Alloway:

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=230693

I've rejigged the route to include a couple more of my favourite roads which we missed out last year; the end result is that it's slightly longer but less hilly - rather than 3 big climbs there's only one (the Nick O' Balloch, but in reverse).

There will be 2 cafe stops -

1. Lunch at the visitor centre tearoom at Clatteringshaws Loch, or one of the hotels in New Galloway (40-ish miles)

2. "High Tea" at the Village Tearoom in Barr (82 miles)

Directions to start:

Heading down A77 past Ayr - go thru the roundabout signposted A713, then under a railway bridge, and then about half a mile after that you come to a wee staggered crossroads. The road on the left is signposted Corton, the one on the right is (I think) Alloway. Turn right and that's you in Doonholm Road (heading into Ayr, towards Alloway). Bear right at the next roundabout and you will shortly come to Burns Cottage. When you get to Burns Cottage turn left, head down the road a couple of hundred yards and you will see public parking spaces on the left hand side of the road (opposite the big houses). When we have parked and unloaded our bikes I suggest we gather in the car park behind Burns Cottage as it's a nice open space away from the road.

I'm thinking of a 9am start this year (30mins earlier than last year, so that we don't have to compete for parking spaces with the local churchgoers).

If you're interested, post here....car-pooling can be sorted out nearer the time.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...