Stewarton APR

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

3 JWCC on the start line today (PMcD, David T and Myself), but unfortunately not the best of fortunes for us all.

David went with the 3rd group with Paul and I in the 4th (scratch). Very fast start, in fact full race, with an average for me of over 25mph.

After only 4 miles Paul had someone "wobble" in front of him, which made him put his foot down and unfortunately he broke his cleat....race over!

David hung with the scratch group when we caught them, but then had a "moment" at a gravelly corner, which was just enough to make him loose contact with the back of the bunch and effectively his challenge for the day was over.

I made it to less than half a mile from the end and was shoulder charged, for a gap that didn't exist, into someone's back wheel on a tight left hander. End result was bending a spoke in my good front wheel, which was meant to be coming to Flanders with me next week! :-( I did get an appology from the person that barged me, which I accepted (after all, it was only a race). No one else seemed to be any the worse for the incident, although something that looked like a spoke flew off into the hedge, and it wasn't mine! I did finish 30-45secs back.

What did annoy me was an other riders reaction, despite them not actually knowing what happened. Anyway, c'est la vie!

Next race for me is about 3 weeks away, unless you count Flanders as a race!? :-?

Cheers,

R