New category? Long distance rides

Triking Dave

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a new category in The Bunch. I had originally though of it being called "Audax", but then thought it ought to include long distance time trialling like 12s and 24s, but then since so few club members ride any time trials over 50 miles perhaps we should include 100s as well.

Does anyone have any views?

• Members

Dave the Trike :- I was trying to persuade Ironman to run an Audax next year starting from clubrooms. The old Crianlarich 200K was run from the clubrooms for 3 years in past. He is not experienced enough he tells us to organise an Audax. Seeing as you have the offishell Audax badge of honour ( beard) could you assist him ?

It would be good to utilise the clubrooms for such an event and as we frequent other peoples events it would be good to offer a return venue.

Any thoughts Dave

Guest fatblokeonbike
long distance forum ideal......

audax needs to be ok'd year before I think and avoid certain roads if dark...do it as a trial this year and official it next year

Simon Simpson

Ho-kayyy!

Audax / Long-distance Forum now available.

simon / dave

are you going to the dee and don 200km on satarday 13th september there are some nice hills the weather is normaly very good. i will be going up with Jill and the 2 heros to Turriff on the friday night and drive back down on the satarday to the start. hope to see you there.

Campbell

Ps i now have 4 year to talk you into the pbp for audax riders it a must.