Mexico

P McDonald

Paul,

Only been to the big city (twice) and a flying stopover in Merida en route to meet Fidel and his bro for a fortnight's work . If they're representative of the whole country I'd settle for taking my flip-flops and forgetting the bike for a couple of weeks (call it tapering if you have to justify the time off or hire a pedalo)

Great place though. Millions to see. Only wish I had more time (one week the first time and one day and night the second time)

Where are you thinking of heading to?

KennyS

Hmmm,

That last post may just see the club blacklisted in the US ;-)

I wasn't really working. I had a tourist visa and I just happened to be walking around with a tape measure. Plus I was never really there as I've only got a wee stamp of a house on my passsport which was done by one of the kids

• 4 weeks later...

Paul

The feedback I'm getting is that my friend was not too impressed with the standard of driving, a bit crazy to be honest. :smash If I picked her up correctly it seems that you can buy a driving license over there for 30 dollars or so, not sure about a test but it doesn't really inspire confidence..

She was in non-touristy areas but maybe it's safe to assume that they are all nut jobs. :uzi She didn't see many cyclists either on her travels. :shock:

Hope this helps.....

Mick

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mexico: cycling

I remembered something about a car accident ploughing through a cycling race, enough said.

If you still need to be dissuaded then open link and look at the horrific pictures

not for the faint hearted

flip flops, good training advice kenny :grin:

duncan

http://autoworld.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/terrible-accident-car-crashes-into-bike-race-in-mexico/