Doin' it right

fionnghal

the proud owner of a Dolan Mythos and a reasonable degree of fitness, I have just joined the club having never really done much cycling in my half century of life. For the past three months I have been bumbling about on the various Sustrans tracks and some public roads while trying to get a degree of mastery over the bike (and myself). I'm notching up average runs of 20miles at an average speed of 14mph. I now would like to try small group riding but don't want to be a hindrance or indeed to make a total (inner)tube of myself. Are there any brave people out there who would be willing to take this wee wummin along with them on a couple of rides to let her see if she's in any way any use at this thing?

Free most days and weekends just now.

Cheers

Fiona

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hello Fiona

Congratulations on acquiring your Dolan bicycle - they are fine bikes. I am sure that you will be welcome to join some of the shorter runs that club members organise. There is from time to time a bunch of '30 milers' who go out at the weekend. At this time of year though, it is a bit difficult to get people together for a run and I'm not sure how regularly they go out just now. After Christmas the Sunday runs should be more regular.

In the meantime I suggest you monitor the 'club runs' section of this forum and see if anyone is suggesing a run that might suit you.

All the best,

Darryl Gunson

Thanks Darryl. I'll do that. I'm sure I was overtaken last Sunday mid-afternoon by a group of Wheelers just between Kilbirnie and Lochwinnoch. Whoever it was probably didn't notice me as I had stopped (embarrassing as it is to admit) to take a picture of some very interesting bracket fungi on a tree.

Oh Lord, I really need to get a life!

Fiona

Guest Jim Daly

Fiona

You could try going to the clubhouse at the end of Millar Street, Johnstone, for spin sessions, or look around and introduce yourself on Tuesday and Thurday evenings from 7pm during the winter. Although probably not worthwhile on Christmas and New Years' Eve.

Jim