Cadence

Guest EPCC

Got a new training toy and stuck it on my bike, what i would like to know is when training what RPM should you be trying to maintain have had some conflicting advice which ranges from 80. 90. 95 so please help

Guest Jim Daly

I'd suggest that you just observe your natural cadences in different circumstances for a few rides and then try the opposite end from a median of 90.

That is, if you usually turn at about 70-75, concentrate on spinning well above 100 until it becomes natural and fluid.

If you are already spinning freely, do spells of low cadence high force pedalling.

Personally, I'm a fan of fixed gear riding which forces extreme cadences up hill and down dale.

Jim

Usual Government Health Warning about me not being a doctor, life-coach, etc, ...

touble with riding fixed imho is that you are in the wrong gear 95% of the ride.

if you are looking to increase your cadence either use your clubs rollers or purrchase some of your own and fly those cranks round.

do it regularly and you'll find after a while you will be spinning faster.

can opener and worms