MTB: excellent kids/youth training 21/3/09

Alan McLean

• Committee

Hi

Scottish Cycling Regional School of Racing is running another day of MTB training for 10-15 year olds at the Commonwealth Games MTB site at Castlemilk on Saturday 21st March.

10am to 3pm. Tenner. Bargain. All sorts from Barbie bikes to dual sus downhill rockets.

Excellent experience and training for kids/youths of all abilities and good fun for parents. My eleven year old is very keen to go again and actually listens and learns from the coaches. Grrrr. (if you have tried to teach your kids about bikes you will understand).

Happy to carshare from Kilmacolm/BoW/Houston.

Contact Rab at [email protected] (sorry about link)for details or ask me for an eflyer.

Alan

• Committee

Hi Stuart

I suggest you email Rab for details.

There has usually been a group of older racers like yourself there, and the coaches have tended to split up into groups according to ability.

I can email a flyer if you'd like.

You'll need a workout after Saturday's p@*&%£@e.

A

• Committee

Great turnout from the Johnstone Jets for MTB youth training at Castlemilk today. I think we were the best represented WoS club.

Further training next month.

Let me know if you'd like details. Great experience for 10-15 year olds in a traffic free environment with highly trained SC coaches.

Just got back in time to see Cavendish win MSR by a tyre's width.

Summer is coming, and it's blue and yellow.

Alan