Sunday 12th Oct - 9.30 am bunch

Lesley Scally

Al and I would like to join you.

We may arrive with Kenny who lives this side and posted an interest in coming a few weeks ago.If not we'll be in the 9 am bunch.

We will meet you at the clubrooms if coming approaching by he Georgetown and the path at morrisons

Could someone pm me a mobile number so we can co-ordinate whether we are or not or if any problems?

ss

It's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do to get people out on their bikes 8-) .

A good sized bunch today (Me, Mike, Jim, Simon, Al, Kenny (new to JWCC runs), Frank, Campbell, Alan (also new to JWCC runs), Aileen and Dennis.

Three of us departed the clubrooms and picked up a few others along the cycle track, growing to a good group of 11 riders by the time we got to the North side of the Erskine Bridge. A short stop at the end of the Bridge, allowed us to stroke Aileen's "gold" medal from the Beijing Para-Olympics - what a pleasure that was - it's certainly the only opportunity we will ever have of touching one!!

After all the excitement, we carried on our way via Dumbarton, Bonhill, Balloch and then just shortly after leaving Balloch, turned off to the right and joined the National Cycle Route 7 towards Croftamie - a new section of it for most of us. Lovely cafe stop at Drymen Pottery - even nice enough to sit out side - and for some, another opportunity to play with Aileen's medal.

After some light refreshments, back on the bikes and said goodbye to Simon, Al and Kenny at Croftamie as they headed over the Queen's View back to Milngavie whilst the rest of us opted to return back the same way via route 7/Dumbarton. Overall nice steady run on a nice day - approx 60 miles in total. Great to see some new faces - hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Lesley

ps. I will not be out for the next 2 weekends - will be in Florida - hopefully someone else can propose runs for these weeks.

It was great to meet you all today and thanks for being so accommodating. You seem a good bunch!

I blame the carrot cake for me blowing up going over the Queens view. :oops: (got to blame something!)

Thanks also to Simon and Al for waiting for me at the top.

Look forward to heading out with you again sometime.