2008 Braveheart Fundraising Dinner

KennyS

This year's Braveheart Fundraising Dinner will take place on the evening of Saturday 25th October at the Park Hotel in Kilmarnock

This year will see Eurosports cycling commentator David Harmon introducing a number of guests from the cycling world at large as well as musical acts Celtic Spirit and Counselled Out.

In between times will be dinner, drinking, and the famous Braveheart Auction compered by Mr Alan Hewit :smash:smash:smash

All this for £35 per head (plus drink and the auction if you can't keep your hands down or head for the the toilet at the the wrong moment ;-) )

Last year we bundled into the local Travelodge for a tenner a head (three sharing)

The event will be sold out if it hasn't already been. JWCC have a provional table booking for 10 at the moment.

Please confirm to me by PM or telephone 07879 890985 by Friday 5th September as I need to confirm final numbers

just to echo Kenny's posting

This will be a great night out! in fact its been the highllight of my cycling calendar for the last 4 years. Best bits include:

becoming the surprise part owner of a a world champs jersey - sadly haven't seen it since and can't even remember what it looks like (Dougie - remember him? has more details) :grin:

visiting Asda at 2.00am and watching Marko buying roast chicken ;-)

wondering what happened to my front tooth :cry:

watching people bid for the trip of a lifetime (not asda)

listening to Marko's tales of keyboards (ask him when you go)

Meeting the Bunch on Sunday morning as we drove home

full breakfast at the at the holiday inn express.

Sadly I'm already booked for another event this year so won't be there. Have already booked next year though.

Get to work now, buy some flowers, take the kids to the pictures, take them breakfast in bed (before you head of on the sunday run), offer to do the shopping / collect mother in law etc etc Just make sure you have some Brownie pints in the bag.

• 2 weeks later...