Sunday 27th July - 9.30 am Bunch - Kilcreggan

Lesley Scally

Since our last attempt to do Kilcreggan a few weeks ago was a wash out (literally), I thought we would give it another go. Heading out over the Bridge to Helensburgh (may take the back road from Renton to Cardross over the killer climb just for a laugh!!! :shock: ) then onwards to Kilcreggan for cafe stop at our old favourite on the front :grin: . Heading back via Culport and old Glen Fruin Road, Duck Bay. From clubrooms and back estimate between 70-80 miles. Hope the weather is kind to us this time...

See you Sunday.

Cheers,

Lesley

What a Corker of a day it was today - best one yet weather wise - certainly made up for our wash out last time we attempted this run.

Me, Dennis, Chung, Mike, Stuart, Daryl and Campbell left the clubrooms at 9.30 and headed out towards Houston where we picked up Joyce. Along the George Town and out towards the Erskine Bridge where we left Daryl and picked up Donald. I'm glad to say we made it over to the other side of the Bridge this time before a victim was claimed. This time Stuart, with worn out tyres :rockets (I don't know students these days :roll: ). Anyhow, being a bit creative with a brick wall and a bit of garden weed blocker (yes see if you can work that one out :lol: ) we got him back on the move until at least we got to Magic bikes where 2 new tyres were purchased which meant he could continue the run to Kilcreggan with us!! Campbell then left us and met up with Ronnie and made there own way over to Kilcreggan. Our stop off at the bike shop held us up a bit so we opted not to go over the killer climb from Renton to Cardross - much to the relief of most. So we headed on towards Helensburgh, by Faslane and into Kilcreggan where we grabbed a quick bite to eat and met up with Campbell and Ronnie again. We all then headed off through Kilcreggan and up the Military Road, turning left eventually and back over the Glen Fruian road. It was a scorcher , and by the time we passed Duck Bay it was heaving with cars and people, luckily we managed to negotiate out way round them all coming out into Balloch and then home via Dumbarton and Bowling, Bridge and George Town (well you guys did and Donald and I cut off to Bishopton). Great day in brilliant conditions - 85 miles.

Cheers,

Lesley