Gleniffer Mountain Bike Race

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

I rode the course a few weeks ago and it was hard packed and really fast, which is totally suited to my complete lack of bike handling skills. So I thought I'd give it a go.

Unfortunately it poured down last night and made the course very slippy, muddy and technical.

On the warm up I fell off 4 times, so I should have known it was going to be a long afternoon!

What I'm really trying to say is that while I did finish, I got my ass well and truly kicked!! Wasn't last though.

How muddy? 45 mins to clean the bike. Not sure if my JWCC kit will ever be the same again. Think I now remember why I stopped mountain bike racing years ago.

Anyway, back to the road bike as soon as possible and will wait even longer before trying that again!

Cheers

Ramsay

P.S. - Darryl, thanks for the encouragement on lap 2, or was it 3..

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan,

Didn't loose any time on the climbs, but expended so much energy just staying upright that I didn't make up much either! :oops:

A few bruises, but mostly scratches from using trees to stay upright! Mud is much soften to fall on than tarmac. ;-)

Ramsay