Kent Tournament 2008

Pat3

Last weekend saw the first European League tournament of the season hosted by Oakenden Peddlers of Kent.

Due to a variety of reasons our pool of players for the event was cut short and we ended up traveling with just three out of the eight allowed in a squad.

Fergus, Alasdair and myself were given a 'guest' goalkeeper for each of the seven games over the two days of play but it still meant playing four against five in each game and not being able to make any substitutions.

Our record was 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats which left us equal third out of the eight teams (St-Pierre de Varengeville, Frileuse-Sanvic, Gervais-Lilas, Johnstone, Ireland 1 & 2, Oakenden 1 & 2). Despite the lack of players we had a very enjoyable weekend of polo in the warm sunshine. The pitches were great, organisation was perfect and the matches themselves were all played in a good spirit.

Now I've recovered a bit I'm looking forward to our own tournament in August when hopefully we can get two or three teams entered.

• Members

Great results for the 3 amigos Oh ya dancer !

I managed to get interview moved earlier to allow me to join the guys , but a gastric bug saw those plans scuppered.

Polo tournaments and gastric bugs seem to be a recurring theme for me unfortunately :cry:

If the 3 amigos can be bolstered by another 2 or 3 players what can they achieve :shock: at next round ?????