League 10 no.3

A big thanks to Jim and Louise Dunlop for doing the timing and to Vicky for pushing us off.

Times

Ian Cowden 25.31

David Raymond 29.18

Mike Feguson 25.15

Howie 24.49

Stevie the blomSTAR 22.21

George Hamilton 23.00

Frank Kennedy 25.00

Another Awesome ride from the BlomSTAR, showing us why he's considered to be one of the top timetrialists.

Rides of Note are those of David Raymond who went nearly 2 mins faster this week in similar conditions to last and a great ride from "Howie" returning after what sounded like an Awesome tour of Ireland........

Frank was also on for a cracking time however he had to stop after his chain came off, which I'm sure must have lost him quite a bit of time.

Next week is the JWCC club championship, Katrina has volunteered to do the timing, so lets have a big turn out for the first of this years trophy events.

Sorry i never waived to you at the turn George i was too busy looking out those matches for the 5 mile Drum up :grin:

Only one man called Star and that the Popestar :-P

Im sure you will do what you do best next week George and do another Tiop class Ride when it counts for the Champs.

Fantastic effort by Davie Raymond who was out earlier that day with James Mcd over the Dunoon Circuit :oops::smash

Don't know if this has been raised before, if so please accept my apologies (and refer me to the thread/info on this if possible)

I spoke to a few people over the last week about changing the start to the Port Glasgow end of the course. As far as I've heard the decision was due to safety concern having to turn at the Newark r'about. Riding the course last night I must say I disagree. When approaching the turn at Bishopton down the sliproad the view into the roundabout is obstructed untill very late. Going round there you get vehicles coming down the hill from Bishopton at fairly high speeds. And the road surface is pretty bad there as well.

What I mean to say is that from a safety point of view there is IMHO no advantage gained. And lots of people have to ride along the course to get there and back.