tli 2008 race calendar link

Guest Jim Daly

• Committee

Good link Jim, thanks.

I can't find the SCU or TLI dates myself. SCU especially don't seem to want newcomers interfering with their secret society, TLI is better.

It would be nice to meet up with other club members for some of these and work together if possible during the races. (Like we couldn't do this year.)

I'll post my race dates here, can you do the same?

Alan

Guest Jim Daly

Alan

I'll be attending a meeting quite soon with the race team manager, my personal assistant, the soigneur, my life coach, emergency chiropractor, equipment sponsor and a feng shuay adviser to sort out my cycling events schedule.

Will keep you up to date. A lot depends on a decent result in the first race, of course.

Cheers

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan and Jim

In broad terms my plan is

As many TLI road races as practical given the prioities below,

2 or 3 of the SCU super six events,

British Masters vets race at Eaglesham

SCU vets national RR in August

It is also subject to working around various rowing regatta's where I am the official boat carrier.

Good luck for the New Years day race in Edinburgh Alan.

Unlike Jim I do not have a massive back up team to consult - I only consult with one person regarding my calendar - female, about 40, you can guess who.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Guest Jim Daly

I've consulted my advisers and the plan is broadly similar to Paul's.

But with some 10 & 25 TT's included plus a few more Super Sixes aligned for enhanced chi.

Paul, you're in trouble. Surely, you meant less than 30! :-?

I hope to do some of the Scottish Cycling APRs again this season - there are 7 of them in Central Scotland - 2 more than 2007 - good news for duffers like me.

Might do the TLI one at Moniaive again, but only if I'm feeling fitter than last year.

btw I find Google Calendar is a very handy tool for collating dates from different event calendars into one place - ideal for those horse-trading sessions over babysitting & weekend working...

• Committee

Duncan Thomson and I are planning on the first super six at Humbie in early March.

I'd like to do a couple of the reliability rides as mini-APRs and give the main bunch a head start (about three minutes :grin:) to get a bit of training in.

(Just don't let this leak onto the Club Run forum or it'll be the Popular Judean People's Front vs. the Judean People's Popular Front all over again. Thanks for that one, Tony. are my apostrophe's OK?)

Paul, is the Masters on closed roads? Any more info? Thanks.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan

The masters race is a 72 mile road race on the old A77 / Stewarton-Thornliebank road. It is 4 laps of a rolling circuit finishing at the top of the Eaglesham moor, it is not closed roads but they are quiet and the race is well marshalled. Last year had a very strong field - best vets in Scotland and quite a few from England as well.

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !