Kellogs Tour of Ireland Sportive

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

Just in case anyone is interested, I thought I'd pass this message on...

"Winner of the Best International Cyclosportive 2007, the Kellogg''s Tour Of Ireland Cycling Challenge takes multi-day cyclosportives to another dimension - never seen before in Europe. The challenge caters for all abilities, whether you are a hardened Sportive Rider, Club Cyclist, Audax or Cyclo Tourist - you can experience the ultimate experience. Everyone gets the "Pro" treatment. 9th -12th, May 2008.

Entry has opened for 500 riders only. Having been rated 10/10 in 2007 by participants, places for this event are going quickly. 50 participants from 2007 have reconfirmed their places immediately, which includes group leaders; ex-Professional Dave Lloyd (Dave Lloyd Coaching), Alistair Irvine (SportActive.net), Mark Harding (Cyclosport.org) and Matt Dowling.

The logistics are awe-inspiring, the mobile cavalcade will include it''s own catering, so all feedstops will be provided in marquees! All lunch stops will be hosted at prestigious hotels. A major car manufacturer will be providing the support vehicles. High 5 have also confirmed sponsorship providing sports nutrition. The organiser''s have also secured 2 to 3 full size coaches to provide logistics to/from stage finishes to the four star hotels - catering for your every need. Trek and Fyffes bananas are also sponsoring the event.

Join an international field of like minded cyclists travelling across the Emerald Isle over 4 days. "I was slightly anxious as I had never cycled in a multi-day event, so I put in some extra mileage. Any doubts went out the window within the first 30kms, I decided to get involved in the action in the front group. On day 3, in the afternoon I took it a bit easier and hung back with Alistair Irvine''s superbly organised "chain gang" and made some great new friends" - Mark Harding, Cyclosport.org Read his experience

John Healy and his mates, Mark, Steve, Kev and Damien decided they wanted to ride the Etape Du Tour that year, the amateur stage of the Tour de France in July, so the 5 of them signed up for the Kellogg''s Tour Of Ireland Cycling Challenge in 2007, thinking it''d be good training. They only got into cycling 5 months before - Read how they got on

Mark Wakeling and Amy Smith rode the Kellogg''s Tour Of Ireland Cycling Challenge in 2007, as part of their training for Le Tour 2007, an attempt by some international cycling friends to ride the course of one of the toughest events in sport : The Tour de France - Read how they got on

Town Centre Sprints: with experienced director sportif Eamonn Duffy at the helm, riders on the 2008TOICC will be given the opportunity to sprint for the town centre ‘glory’.

Registration for the Tour of Ireland Cycle Challenge 2008 is open to a maximum of 500 registrations which must be received by the 11th of April 2008. For comprehensive details, the charities, and details of how to register, please visit: http://www.tourofireland.eu "