Hilly TTs 2023

Gerard Deeley

• 2023 Subscriptions

There is an appetite in the club for the Langbank/Houston/Gleddoch route the club uses for the 10mile Hilly Time Trial.  There was also clear feedback that it would be preferable to do the route in clement weather rather than slog it out in the cold rain and wind and now that weather is here.   It is an easy route to follow, but a challenge in how you plan on riding it.  When is it best to push yourself and when do you need to keep it steady to get your best time!

Saturday mornings seem to be quite a good time to run this event to get a decent turnout of riders.  To run the event each time we would need at least three riders and a timekeeper so please do post up when you intend riding or volunteering your stopwatch skills when the events go live.

As many of you are already aware I work most weekends, so waiting until I have a date that I can commit to to either ride or timekeep is impractical for the club.  So I will need to put up dates for others to make the necessary arrangements on the day.  In addition, as we can be flexible to suit ourselves should you feel the need for a TT then please post up a request for it and we can make it happen.

We can start this coming Saturday 3rd June, meeting at Langbank at 0900.