APR Barrmill 5th April 07

Guest Jim Daly

Guest Jim Daly

I'm planning to coast around the circuit in the first group and maybe get some sun on my legs for the first time since September. 8-)

Can anyone post the meeting point, start and finish line, distance and meeting time? :-?

Cheers

Jim

Guest DavieR

Jim,

I too am unfamiliar with the meeting point etc. one way or another I'll be there. Surely if you are looking for some sun on the legs you will be off with the last group giving me at least a thirty minute start!!

Davie Raymond

• 2023 Subscriptions
I'm planning to coast around the circuit in the first group and maybe get some sun on my legs for the first time since September. 8-)

Aye right. :smash Jim - you are the scratch group. Especially if you're wearing shorts.... :shock:

The course is on this multimap posting:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=235000&Y=652500&width=700&height=400&gride=236699.382586435&gridn=651500.652655375&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=50000&down.x=290&down.y=7

Start / finish line is about half mile out of Barmill on the Beith road (B706).

Head towards Beith, turn left at the foot of the brae along 'Sharon Street', turn left again on the B707 to the top of the brae, and then left again along the C-class road after 2.5 miles to bring you back towards Barrmill. Turn left again to bring you onto the finishing straight.

As for distance: who knows? Let's see who turns up and then work out how many laps we want to do. :lol:

The calendar says 6:15 for this event. How about meeting then for a 6:30 start (just in case John is late again... ;-) )

Guest Jim Daly

Colin Hughes and I will be there.

Frank is going home to forge a sick note.

I do hope Chung will try to make it with his new go-much-faster bike.