Pyrenees adventure/cycling

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

We received a request from a cyclist who has set up an Pyrenean holiday centre.He is coming to clubrooms on Tuesday 3rd. October to do a presentation , he will be riding the Trossachs and a couple of other events while he is in Scotland. All members and non members welcome to attend ( please spread the word)

Here is his message :-

Last year I set up a holiday business in the French Pyrenees aimed at cyclists and their families. We are based close to the large cols for serious climbing sessions and are surrounded by rolling countryside, perfect for family runs, training rides and mountain-biking. Our facilities include a swimming pool, gym and games room, for the non-cycling members of the family, and we are close to lots of exciting days out such as rafting, horse-riding or adventure parks in the trees. During the winter, we are also close enough to the slopes for visitors to enjoy skiing, snow-boarding or husky-sled rides while cyclists can still get out on the local roads.

I would like to come along to your club night on Tuesday 3rd October to hand out leaflets and run a prize draw, in the hope of filling up our bookings folder for the coming winter and next summer. We have a DVD of our facilities that we can run from our laptop and would require somewhere to place leaflets and for people to fill-in their contact details for the prize draw.

I feel our business would be of interest to you and your members and we have a daily prize to give out to people who enter the draw (no charge is taken) and promotional pens and water bottles to give away as well

can we have an indication of people likely to attend this informal evening please.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of bargains were had on Tuesday night all half price :lol: Thanks to Ian Dooley for coming along ;-)

The presentation on Pyrenean holidays was very interesting every thing looked superb, the accomodation, food, location and prices. Allan is a cycling coach and can tailor routes to what you want to do. A 3 bed room from 45 euros per night can't be bad, that's 15 euros per person.

The website is www.allant.biz they take tours of all the major cols and can even rent bikes. Airport pick ups are also laid on for guests.

I would be interested in this for next year, weel worth a look.