CMR

Guest fatblokeonbike

Guest fatblokeonbike

Any Wheelers travelling in and around the Glasgow City Centre area with an FM radio on board - give a listen to Celtin Music Radio on FM 106.6.

It's a temporary broadcasting licence issued by Ofcom for the period of Celtic Connections Festival 2006.

The guys running Celtic Music Radio can do with all the support they can get - and the more they get, the better their chance of getting an extended licence.

My involvement is that I know the main guys behind the effort (I helped them set up Q96 FM a l-o-n-g time ago) and I wrote the web site on www.celticmusicradio.org.uk

Go on - tune in, use the web site's CONNECT! link to send them a request for a piece of Celtic music, or something by a Celtic music artist, etc. If nothing else, send them a reception report; they'll appreciate it. Even if you can't receive the broadcasts, but think the initiative is worth-while, use the web site to tell them so.

Thanx.

Iain.

Guest fatblokeonbike
Ian,these guys at Celtic connections,any chance they could reverse last sunday's football result?!!!!!!!!!!!................ :shock:

Y'mean...

Bolton 0, Manchester United 0 ?

Guest fatblokeonbike

Thanx, George.

To everyone else, in Glasgow, or in the Glasgow area or elsewhere in Scotland, or anywhere at all in the world, http://www.celticmusicradio.org.uk now has streaming audio. Give them a listen on the net and let them know, through their CONNECT! feedback link, what the quality was like, what you think of the content, etc.

Yooors,

Iain

Guest fatblokeonbike
Been on the site, put in my request for a tune, The site looks good and looking forward to hearing some good tunes over the next couple of weeks. Hello, beer !!

George,

You're quite high up, aren't you? Can you listen through your radio?

I have a friend in Bridge of Weir who can get the actual broadcast on air (although the range is supposed to be only 5 kilometres from the Royal Concert Hall).

Glad to say the internet streaming off the web site's "Listen Live!" link is now as it should be.

Hi Iain

Thanks for the info on this great site.

You get a great reception on the car radio while sitting on the M8 at Townhead every morning- and you get plennnnnnnty time to listen! :-x or should that be :grin:

For the record I got it as far as Lenzie the other night before it faded while I can pick it up faintly as far as Anniesland every night on the way home from work.

Celtic Connections - what January was made for! Oh ya dancer !

Mick

Guest fatblokeonbike
I've been getting quit a good reception in the house in Barrhead, but the house is set a little higher up than the surrounding houses........... just wish the reception in the house was as good for my mobile phone.

believe it or not, but I actually get a reasonable reception in Johnstone whilst in the car......

Well, Rolls-Royces always have been famous for their radio set-up.