Coast Training run

Stevie Blom

Hi all,

Tomorrow there are some choices of training run's.

1 of them is the Anniesland bunch meetin over the erskine bridge.....

Another is a coastal Run over to Kilwinning with blackbob and Les muir etc...

Leaving renfrew toilets 1030.

I will be going with blackbob's run as its pretty flat :grin: and very fast.

Remember these runs are not for the fainthearted :oops::oops:

Cheers,

Stevie B>

9 of us went round the coast on Saturday (80 mile round circuit to Glasgow). I reckon overall this run was harder than the Anniesland bunch as you get to the front more often due to the fact that it is not a massive bunch. The roads are also a lot quieter and the patter is pretty good (when people can speak!)

Tried to pshyce Stevie out all day by telling him I was a time triallist and that I was going to rip his legs off - didn't work and at the end he almost ripped all our legs off.

Ho you Wee man watch oot!!! yer geein away ma training secrets!!! :grin:

Awright there Euan,

Yes it was a superb day out and the pace was selected for the best for the entire bunch.

Kept well together and all rode sensible.

Will be out for the next few saturday doing this run.

If anybody from the jwcc/any club would be interested doing please come along.

Dont be put off by the comments that its fast etc - the pace is steady and we regroup at all times to keep the group together.

Route -

Meet at Renfrew Toilets then head down the George tn rd onto the cycle track at Crosslee.

Make your way down to glengarnock where we then go onto the main road for Largs.

Between Kilbirnie and Largs is the 1st climb of the day - after that you drop down the healie brae and turn left at the bottom following the "Flat" main road all the way to Kilwinning.

Obviously there are different fitness levels - the spells are shared sensible and the less fitter guys can take shorter turns at the front.

Once at Kilwinning its a left turn back in mainland passing by the Rnad circuit then down the Bowfield.

we then regroup at the bottom and start a habble to the 30mph sign.

Again its optional if your up for it.

Fomr my part it was great training - certainly quite easy riding in a bunch doing that distance rather than doing these type of runs on your own ;-)

Euan and some of his mates who was out too are members of the mountain bike club.

If you want a show on how to Spin the pedals armstrong style then this is your chance!

Everywhere these guys went they kep the revs at a minimum rate of 110! :shock:

This route for me is a bit better as your mostly on quiet roads.

See you all next week if you are out ;-)

Stevie >B.