Pictures of forum members

BrianS

• Members
Just a thought on a friday night at 10:40..... :D

Instead of pictures of club riders for there entrees on the forum can someone do 'comic pics' for everyone like fatblokeonabike has done ? Just an idea..... :D

Whit? "comic"?... "COMIC"!?!?!?! (You can go off people, y'know.)

Anyone know a penniless arts student (aren't they all?) who might want to earn a few bob doing that? The result will be for the family archives, o'course, but a smaller version can indeed be used as an ID, as Brian says.

(Mutters darkly) "Comic - ah'll comic him..."

Guest fatblokeonbike
How do you delete entrees ?

You slip yer Uncle Iain a brownie - a paper one, not the kind in short skirts (oh, I dunno, though....)

When you say "entries", do you mean images, or posts?

Yooors,

Iain.

Guest fatblokeonbike

Well, yes, I can delete posts, Brian, but I don't want to.

I'd better explain... unless any post is contravening the Bunch's Policy (and you did read it under "Now I'm Here, How Do I...?" forum, didn't you? Of course you did) I'd like to leave the Bunch's content severely alone. I'd like to feel that people think about what they're keying-in and not gaily hammer away at the keyboard, treating the Administrating Team as a sort'v lifeboat/mountain rescue service.

There's no possibility of deleting or editing when using e-mail, while there is always the point that some people in times to come may gaily post all kinds'v stuff and then give yer Uncle Iain a hard time to remove it. Now, I'm bone-idle, so frankly I can do without that. Also, in a way, it ain't fair to Members in general.

Most other boards I wot of don't offer such a feature, while a quick run-through of what I can recall of all the posts so far suggests that there hasn't been any reason to call for it to date. Boards can be, shall we say, "robust" at times, and that's fine by most people, I think; many of us recognise that the written word, devoid of tonal variations and body language, can seem abrupt to the point of rudeness, and we make allowances for that as we read. (If we don't, we should.)

All this is another reason for using the Preview feature before banging the Submit button.

As an aside here, the Private Messaging element does allow manipulation after posting. If the PM you've just sent is still in bold typeface in your PM OutBox, you can edit it or delete it. (Once it's grayed out, that means the recipient has visited his/her Bunch Inbox and read the posts.)

However, if something really-really bothers a Member, Ok, I'll help them out and delete the post concerned - although I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll pick up my skirts and flounce off home to Mother in a flood of tears and a sedan-chair. Of course, while I may delete it from the Bunch's database, that doesn't delete it from anyone's human memory, while if they've gone [COPY] & [PASTE] to somewhere else, nothing anyone can do will change that.

HTH.

Yooors,

Iain.