Saturday 19th

KennyG

Hello I can't make a run on Sunday but would like to try a 50 mile run on Saturday. Could anyone recommend a course that is fairly flat? (my first 50 miles run) I need to set off early around the 8am (Inchinnan) mark as I've got other commitments later in the day but could meet anyone on the way.

At the moment I've got a run to largs plotted but there's a mother of a hill at the end! lol Inchinnan,Johnstone,Lochwinnoch,Kilbirnie,camphill reservoir,A760, Largs and back :-)

Kenny,

Do the route you've highlighted. Only one climb of note and that is coming out of Kilbirnie. Long but not to steep and there are a few flatter sections. Largs to the Bishy roundabout on the westferry is pancake, with a single bump at Wemyss Bay. Another small incline up to Bishy and your home.

Alternatively take the track down to Longbar/Kilbirnie then head up to Beith and Barrmill and come watch the racing. Someone will be riding back and will be happy to lead you back to Johnstone via the bowfield and Howwood.

M