Work party - Saturday 7th May

pete bennell

All,

You will be aware that we are entertaining visitors from france for the polo - we would like to get the clubhouse looking a bit smarter and propose a workparty to paint the exterior (again!)and some of the fencing on saturday pm between 2.00pm and 4.00pm (weather willing)

I know that the racers will be at the APR, but all help would be appreciated (as would the paint brushes, wherever they are!)

Please can you let me know if you can make it.

thanks,

Property pete

From my memory of the last exterior painting party (the day before the Don Smith): I think I remember Alan Yeoman taking the brushes home with him to clean them because you and Kenny had already locked the clubhouse...maybe Alan still has them at home?

I may be working on Saturday so don't know if I can make it this time. Should know by Friday morning.

Guys,

I would hope to have the paint by Friday evening, so I am quite happy for individuals to work in their own time as long as they have access to the club rooms and, of course, clean their brushes etc after.

I will supply ladders, wire brushes etc.

Pete

sorry all. I am away this weekend so can't offer to help. Should be back Sunday afternoon if i can get access I will do my bit then.

As for the brushes - sorry.

pete has the exact details but I will pay for the replacements if someone can get them for me as I leave friday morning.

Happy painting

We have the paint and the shower unit - I will leave them in the club rooms tonight on the way home.

Work to be done :-

1) Silver Hammerite the non galvanised bits of the fence

2) Paint the exterior bits that haven't already been done and are in general view - I have managed to get some grey paint that shouldn't be too far away from the existing colour.

I will be down Sat. pm, but if anybody else wants to get stuck in in the meantime then fine - just remember to clean the brushes properly!!!!!

Thanks,

Pete

anyone out there,

the painting is going well and the paint is water thinnable. If you want to do some then thin the paint down by at least as much again - this allows easy coverage and lets you get the paint well into the pebble dash.

The bits that are left are:-

1) the back bits of the porch and side (this is a second priority

2) all of the front - yes even the bits that we have done before - so that it looks even.

There is a short ladder in the club house (which should be enough, and a long pair of ladders in the storage unit - keys are in the club room.

Let me know if you do anything.

Pete