Paisley newb

stuartm

Hello all,

Not much action this part of the forum, so thought I'd er... liven it up a bit.

I'm Stuart from Paisley, just turned 33 yesterday, and have been commuting daily on the bike for about 5 months. Previous to that the last time I was on a bike was when I had a paper round. Weekend rides usually consist of track rides to Lochwinnoch or Kilmacolm, or if I'm feeling adventurous I'll head to the Port.

Anyway, been having a look at the rides section, and might be interested in the chain gang tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi Stuart

im not sure how your fitness is Thurdays chain gang is usually main bunch riders and racers wouldnt want you getting put off i would advise going on a clubrun first mabe even starting with the 30 milers and see how it goes like you say your runs are just up and down the track dont think there will be a clubrun this week but i could be wrong as the club are hosting the crits in paisley and members usually help out with this anyway keep your eye on the clubrun section and choose a group and go enjoy yourself hope to see you on a run soon

Greig Hello, beer !!

Stuart

The chain gang is a fast bunch ride on a slow night you are looking to hold 24 mph along the main rd to port Glasgow on a good night 28 mph it is a rather different run than normal as if you get a flat or mechanical the bunch will not stop

It would be better if you started this early in the season so you can grow into it

However if you feel fit enough and you understand the objective of the run give it a try but remember most have been dooming it for a while

Note it's 40iles in two hours max that includes slow start and spin finish

Thanks for the info Billy - the chain gang does sound a little beyond my capabilities at the moment! I'm comfortable holding 20mph cycling solo, not sure what this would translate to in a bunch.

I'll pop along for a Sunday club run in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers