Cycling in Turkey - Safe??

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Has anyone cycled in Turkey and was it safe enough?

I'm going to Marmaris on holiday next week. Was planning to take the bike to get some late sunshine. However travel agent strongly advises against cycling in Turkey as it would be a life threatening experience!

thanks

Paul McDonald

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Paul ,

never cycled in turkey but im sure whilst being chased by a bunch of barbarrick men would improve your speed work Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Marmaris not one of those holiday resort type places , so if you leave the "area" you then go in to shanty town type thing?

Tourists leaving the Zone are at their own risk?

Anyone else have a view on this?

Stevie B.

Paul

Turkey is one of my favourite places and Marmaris is great, look out for the Fountain bar right on the beach Hello, beer !! .

Regarding cycling Turkish drivers are mad :uzi:rockets in the towns there are no rules, I have not hired a car for this reason on any of the trips I have had to Turkey :cry:

The hills above Marmaris are beautiful but there have been a number of bad crashes over the years mainly involving coaches with tourist coming from Dalyan airport. For any real mileage you have to leave the Marmaris bay area and head up into the hills, how safe this is I don't know :-?