Alpe d'Huez holiday makers and shakers!!!

Mark Whitehead

• Members

Alright muckers? Hope the form is coming along nicely! :lol:

Aye, what a great holiday – riding up Alpe d’Huez while being cheered on by thousands of fans, watching the pros racing up the alpe like we normally ride on the flat (!), having countless café stops every day, enjoying those pizzas every night (along with a few beers!), watching Mr LA making tour history, and generally soaking up the atmosphere of the Tour de France in the alps – magic stuff!

But what ever happened to that night out we all planned where all the photies would be paraded for all to see then saved for nostalgias sake on cd? (Is it just me or does that sentence rhyme?! Poetic talent or wishful thinking?!!!). Aye anyway, like most of you other muckers on the hol, I have collated 150 or so pristine pics that document the time had. These include – Mr Dougie De Rosa enjoying a shower at hairpin no 19 on Alpe d’Huez in 35 degree heat, big Alan Yeoman’s bike with a 3 foot long baguette instead of a bidon before the day’s ride!, Mr Scott Donaldson standing on the summit of the alpe (looking like a local with his French national jersey!), Mr Stevie Blom looking as fresh as a daisy at the top of the Col du Galibier (“The giant of Provence”), Frenchman Christian riding Dougie’s De Rosa King atop of the ski resort of Les Des Alps, El Michanico (Paul McSkimmon) looking as cool as a cucumber while sitting next to me in the chair lift up the alpe!, ex-pro and second best Scottish cyclist of all time (behind Roberta Millar!) administering some maintenance to his sti levers with a rock!, Martin Mullholland astride his elegant Colnago C40 at “Dutch corner”, and big Al & Sharon enjoying a cool ice-cream, again at Les Des Alps.

How’s about organising that night out that we all agreed on? If someone has access to a projector then it may be a good idea to have it down at the clubrooms some night (along with a few beers?! He he!) just a suggestion!

Oh, and I even have a pic of me riding up the alpe in a pair of trainers if you’d believe it!!!

Take it easy and catch you later 8-) ,

Mark

P.S. Congratulations to Sharon & Al on the good news. Now we know why you weren’t well enough to ride those alpine climbs Shazy - maybe next time?

P.P.S. Stevie B, I’ll pop round some night during the week to show you the holiday snaps – what night suits you?

Marco Van Whiteheed ,

Nice script about the holiday mate , yeah i agree a night down the clubrooms might be the right choice.

A few softdrinks and a photo shot with other club members guests etc , we could have a good night.

Head round monday or wednesday night Mark!!

Cheers

Stevie B.