Oakenden (Kent) Tournament 12th & 13th June 2010

Pat3

Gaz has confirmed that the tournament will go ahead on the weekend of the 12th & 13th of June. If we are taking part then we'll have to travel down on the Friday and return on Sunday after the games.

Is anyone interested in playing in this event?

So far Alan & myself look pretty definite to play as long as we can get another 2 or 3 to make up a team.

Alan has volunteered to use his car and reckons he'll get enough bikes in/on it. The best bet for accommodation might be the Travelodge we stayed in two years ago as it is only 5 minutes from Vigo rugby club where the games are being played.

Let me know what you think.

ps Don't let the fact that England are playing USA on the Saturday night put you off going!

• 2 weeks later...

Martin can't make it due to rowing champs. Russell has let me know that he should make it. I've been emailing Gaz to keep him updated on the situation & he has confirmed that they have spare players that they can lend us.

I think four should be enough to travel with. We have to decide whether to add just a goalie from England/Ireland for each game or to add one or two players to our squad for the whole time.

What do you think? Its always good to get plenty of game time but on the other hand we may be glad of a sub, especially on the Sunday. I'll check the format with Gaz to try to get an idea of how many games we'll need to play and how long each one is.

• 2 weeks later...

The team is all set for this weekend's tournament in Kent. Still room for one more player if anyone is interested. Entry fee is £30 which includes food & entertainment and camping available at the playing fields.

Leaving Friday pm and back around midnight on Sunday.

(there is also a bar which will be open most of the time but we don't want to encourage that kind of thing)