Etape Caledonia This Weekend

Neil Macdougall

Guest EPCC

neil

Did not see your post untill today, myself and Charlie were up at this event we should really get it more organised for next year as i could of done with a ride on saturday just to stop me eating

Billy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah Billy

Well It didn't stop us from having a bottle of red. Serious cyclists were not impressed in the hotel (read jealous) because we all got hammered on Sunday night.

We have both registered for next year already.

Fantastic day and the support from the crowds (well ok the odd family en route)was superb!!

Would be good to put in as a team for next year.

Tom

Definitely worthwhile getting more organised for next year. MIght be worth getting a team entry for next year if a few of us are up for it.

Thought it was really well organised and the atmosphere about the event on the day was fantastic, especially the locals out on the roads.

Managed to get round in 5:04 which wasn't too bad all things considered. Got caught behind someone on the last wee hill from Logierait to Pitlochry that pulled their foot out on the steepest part of the climb and it took a few mins to get going again.

Not keen on the official photos though make me look like a right fat bawface.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Haven't looked at the photos yet but not expecting to be looking my best!!

The event was fantastic and the support from the locals really made a difference.

This was my first sportive and I had hoped to be under 5:30; I was delighted with a 4:43. My computer was not working so I had to do it the old fashioned way - maybe there is a message there for me.

I managed to get going after an hour and kept latching on to faster groups going by, eventually managing to keep up with one group for a good while. I was very surprised to find myself thinking "only six miles to go" instead of the more usual "Oh s**t still six more miles to go".

I was ready for the Logerait hill thanks to Billy and luckily managed to avoid those who were caught out.

More hill work required and getting into my stride earlier will be the aim next year. Aiming for sub 4:30. (I like a challenge)

Being there as part of a team would be great.