How to Tape Bars

Guest EPCC

I thought this would be simple however the box with the tape has some short black tape long white tape and two short bits of white tape the same as the long tape, I think the long tape is for taping the bars, is the black tape for finishing the tapes, so what is the other two bits for. Please help. :-?

Throw all the wee bits away. Start from the bottom of the bars tightly and evenly wrap the tape round the bars, levers and finally the top bar with the end of the tape wrapped facing forward. Use black insulating tape to finsh off. Much better than the strips you get in the box.

Don't forget to ask your fellow bunch riders for their opinion on your next time out :grin:

I thought this would be simple however the box with the tape has some short black tape long white tape and two short bits of white tape the same as the long tape, I think the long tape is for taping the bars, is the black tape for finishing the tapes, so what is the other two bits for. Please help. :-?

If you can make your way to Renfrew, I'll give you a poseur's bar tape masterclass and show you how to use all your bits correctly?