Sunday 19th October

Colin H

Whose up for a day at Glentress this Sunday? I have a day pass Oh ya dancer ! and quite fancy a change from the normal Sunday road runs (not that theres anything wrong with them mind ;-) )

Was thinking of the red route (with a couple of goes down spooky wood 8-) ) back to the top car park for a couple of turns down the jump park (blue one most likely) and then down the last section of SWEET blue trail to the HUB. Please note that mountainbiking to me these days means taking it VERY easy on the ups to have the most fun on the downs :shock: .

Have room for 3 bikes, 3 bodies and kit and local pick ups can be aranged for a very reasonable fee (cup of tea and chesse and ham toastie from the Hub :roll: ) on a first come first served basis.Alternatively we can meet up in the car park. I was thinking around 10.00am.

Anybody who does'nt have access to a bike could hire one from the shop at Glentress although you would probably have to prebook by at least close of play tomorrow I would have thought. Google "seven stanes" and follow the links.

Drop me a line on here or reply with a PM. It's all good :lol:

Colin

PS will be taking my helmet camera to capture those moments suitable for You Tube Hello, beer !!

The 3 amigo's (Jannza, my mate Donald and myself) headed off from Bridge of Weir full of hope for better weather by the time we got to Edinburgh. Our prayers were answered in part as at least it was dry but with a real hooley blowing by the time we pulled into the car park at Glentress. The beauty of mountainbiking is that you get pleanty of shelter amongst the trees Oh ya dancer !

Deciding that the middle car park was the best option we set out for the top from there. Since I was last there, earlier this year, the trial faries have been hard at work and the usual drag up the forest road to the top car park has been replaced with a nice section of singletrack climb, with a couple of obstacles thrown in to keeep your mind off the burning in your legs :oops:

With the wind so strong very few people were larking about in the jump park so on we crashed heading for Spooky Wood and the sweet sections of downhill 8-) .

About half way up Jannza cut Donald and myself loose and we agreed to all meet up again at the top of the wood. This allowed Donald and I to get a few runs in but after the second one with still no sign of Jannza we were starting to get a bit worried :shock: (that forrest is an awful big place you know). Deciding that it was best to return to where we had agreed to meet up we slogged back to the top where we found Jannza a bit out of puff after missing a turn and taking in a sizeable part of the blue run before getting back on track :roll: .

As a whole group we again took advantage of the sweet berms and jumps that make up the top section although I later discovered that the batteries in my helmet cam had run out :rockets That meant that the near disaster of me crashing into Donald when he stopped on a high speed berm was lost for all time :!:

Onwards back to the car the only incident to report was a crash for Jannza on the lower slopes that resulted in a bruised head (how do you do that with a full face helmet on????) and ego. A return back up to the top car park allowed Donald and I a run at the new section of Blue descent which is like a rolercoaster ride :lol:

After tea and toasties from the Hub Donald and Jannza slept through the journey home while I fretted about the bikes getting blown off the top of the car :smash

A good day out and one to be repeated, soon hopefully, with a few more victims (sorry volunteers) for the helmet cam.

Colin Hello, beer !!