WOSCA and tracks

Gerry

For those who are interested (and I don't blame those who are not) ...

WOSCA meeting on Monday night was well attended with the following main points being made:

- The Isobel McGinty fund will be closing at the end of the month. If the club still wishes to make a donation...

- There are suggestions for WOSCA to purchase signage for the region to comply with the new risk assessment protocols - this may also be supplied centrally from the SCU

- Jim Gunn is looking for reps from the West for the subcommittee for risk assessment

- As ever there is a desperate shortage of timekeepers and commissaires - anyone interested should contact Gus McLafferty

- Alistair Ogg and myself initiated a discussion on the lack of accountability of the new SCU board and related it particularly to the appointment of subcommittees.

On the track side - we are still stuck waiting for the decisions on the National Velodrome. I will convene a meeting soon to discuss our options (including velodrome, 2 stage process and circuit) for after this. Will let yin and all know when this is happening.

Hope to see you all out on the bike soon

Gerry Hello,beer!!