Vote for Sustrans!

kat1

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I met a chap called Danny Sutherland last week and he asked that I pass on this message.

"£50 million, four competitors and only one winner! Sustrans needs you to vote for Connect2 in the Big Lottery Fund's: The People's £50 Million Lottery Giveaway coming soon.

Online voting opens on Monday 26 November at www.thepeoples50million.org.uk. Lorraine Kelly will be championing Sustrans' Connect2 on an ITV1 show on Tuesday 4 December. Telephone voting will begin on Friday 7 December.

Please register now (on website - www.sustransconnect2.org.uk ) or by texting 'Connect2' to 80010. We'll then send you a reminder to vote for Connect2 when the time comes.

Connect2 will revitalise walking and cycling in 79 communities across the UK by creating new routes for the journeys we all make every day. Crossings and bridges will be created over busy roads, railway lines and rivers, linking into new networks of local paths to get you to where you want to go.

If Connect2 wins, millions of you will be able to travel in a healthy and environmentally-friendly way to the shops, school, work, and the park or to see family and friends. With 79 Connect2 schemes around the UK there's likely to be one near you. If you want Connect2 to win - please register today so we can send you a reminder to vote for Connect2."

Go on, you know you want to! It's in a good cause and I'm sure all of us have used cycle tracks at one point. It would make a massive difference to cycling.....www.sustransconnect2.org.uk

• Members

By the way, Danny is a retired gentleman, a seasoned tourer and a Sustrans ranger. I stopped to chat to him on the track at Fenwick/Eaglesham and he offered me a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit. If anyone wants to contact him give me a shout as he gave me his number in case of questions.

• 3 weeks later...