Century Ride Initial Report

Alan McLean

• Committee

Started wet, got wetter. My teeth have never chattered in August before. Quite spectacular amounts of the North Atlantic landed in Argyll today, most of it ended up in under my "waterproof" jacket.

Full distance and all hilly options covered by some of us so honour was satisfied. Doubtless someone will post a better history of the day but driving rain was the outstanding feature.

Roll on winter. At least you know what to expect in December.

Robert crashed and broke his forks. Nasty wipeout: we left him with the broomwagon. Hope you get well soon.

I'll post a GPS track once my fingers have thawed out and I can handle a USB plug again.

Thank you to all the organisers and broomwagon crew.

Regards

Alan

I would agree with Alan, it couldn't have rained more if it had tried, however it was still an enjoyable run, in good company. I'd like to thank those who I cycled round with (Dennis, Lesley, Frank and John) for waiting at the top of Loch Tarsan, and Glendaruel for me :oops: ! Thanks also to Kenny Steele and everyone else who played a part in organising the event - the BBQ at the end was much appreciated! Russell.

I think we all went a bit funny going over to Otter Ferry. Nothing wrong with your graph thats how hard that climb felt.

I stayed with my my club mate, Edd Shackley and his wife Amanda who were on tandem, they were going along at a nice steady pace that suited me. We did the full loop which worked out about 110 miles from door to door. The weather could have been nicer but once you are wet you are wet, as long as you stay warm and those climbs certainly helped to keep us all warm.

Thanks to all those that contributed to making the event what it was.

Graeme

Ivy CC