Gordon Mcdowall / Tom Macadam

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Gordon Mcdowall

sadly passed away yesterday . He was the guy who donated the Road race trophy and got sponsorship for club through Gem fasteners. He was a friend and neighbour of Stevie Finnigan and came out on the bike for a short while. He was in his 30s and developed a terminal illness only a short time ago.

The club sends it regards to his family, funeral is on Tuesday.

Tommy Macadam Glasgow RC

passed away this week aged 99. ( funeral was this morning)Tommy was a true gent and a stalwart worker in cycling for both club and WOSCA. He will be sadly missed by all, his racing stories goes back to early 1920s and he is famed for telling about the day he passed a herd of elephants during a 25 TT on Westferry :shock:

They were en route from Greenock to St. James in Paisley for a circus performance. Being a true gent he didnt even try to use them as an excuse ;-)

He was Sec. of WOSCA for many years and his copperplate writing was a joy to behold, and his records exact to every minute detail.

Gordon.

I grew up with Gordon in Johnstone Castle. We went to the same schools and I knew his brother Brian, and his mum and late dad too. He was slightly older than me and would have been around 42. Gordon was one of those guys who always had a smile on his face. Very, very sad day. :-(

Tommy

I took over from Tommy as WOSCA secretary when he retired aged 90! Graham Herd says that Tommy was the Glasgow RC secretary for over forty years. He wasa child during the first world war, and a man of 31 when the second one started. Just imagine how much life has changed in that time?