Old Saddle query

Wyn

I'm still cycling away, though you probably haven't seen me for quite a while. I got ill and needed surgery and once I got fit enough to start cycling again I've been cycling into work and back. After cycling 155 miles during the week I end up taking the weekend off :)

I'll join the club next year and start taking part in events once again as my speed is up to decent levels. I did have problems catching up to a runner last week and was feeling a bit slow until I realised she was running uphill at 13.5mph :shock:

Anyway, back to my query. Someone at my work was asking me about what bike I used to race on. I built it out of anything I could buy at ultra-low prices and so had some odd bits and pieces (such as Campag Record gear levers that were older than I was - bought for £1). The only bit I can't remember is the saddle and it is bugging me.

It was the most comfortable saddle I ever owned and ridiculously light, with the rails made out of Reynolds 531. I recall I used to get comments about how flat it was and people saying that couldn't be comfortable. I read that Lepper saddles are very flat so I went to their website. The picture of a Lepper Voyager jumped out at me. It looks exactly like I remember. It also has 531 tubing for the rails.

But there's a big problem. Lepper don't make saddles with gel inserts and my saddle definately had gel inserts. The saddle got badly damaged in a crash and the gel started leaking out.

So now I have a mystery. A saddle shaped like a Lepper Voyager, made on or before 1990, with 531 rails and with gel inserts. I can't find anything matching up to that description. Anyone have any ideas?