Major mechanical

Jodyc

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some advice and hoping and praying that someone knows of a fix for this problem.

Was out for a cycle this morning and after about 10 miles I shifted the rear mech to the top sprocket, at this time the rear mech hanger appears to have cracked and bent forcing it in to the spokes and completely knackered it. It also sheared off the mech hanger.

On closer inspection the aluminium part that joins the seat stays has bent and cracked and I can't see any way of removing this. It looks like the frame (CR1 pro) maybe totally screwed.

Does anyone know of this fault or if there are any fixes as I can't afford a new carbon frame for a while.

Any help would be great

Jody

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Jody,

I have a CR1 too. Scott didn't build them with replaceable mech hangers.

Mine bent but Dooleys have the tool to re-align it & were able to sort it.

Even if it has snapped a good carbon repair shop should be able to get the hanger & drop out off & replace it.

Don't know of any locally but Atlantic boulevard advertise in the back of cycling weekly.

They have a good reputation & do a pick up/drop off service.

George.

Thanks George,

I'll need to pick up cycling weekly during the week and have a wee look at what they offer.

This has made me feel a bit better that there may be something I can do. Had a horrible feeling in my stomach that it was completely knackered with no hope 😱😱😱

Jody