Opening of cycle route at Quarriers Homes

Kat

• Members

The new bridge/cycle link is being opened tomorrow (Thursday 24th) at Quarriers Homes. I've been asked to attend by cycling scotland and the Quarriers Community and I've also been asked to see if anyone from the club wants to come over to boost the cyclists numbers. I think it starts at about 3:45 or 4pm and there will be papers and stuff there for publicity. Please come over if you have the time and get your fotie taken.

To get there you come off the cycle track to the left before the warriors on the Bridge of Weir to Kilmacolm stetch and from there to the village is the new bit being opened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kat,

i will try and be there- need to ask nicely if i can get away tho....

i will ctc George tomorrow at work .

Stevie B.

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Managed to get away in time to be at the opening of the Cycle track to Quariers village.

Arrived at 4pm on the dot and seen Kat , Les Muir and Donald Scally.

3 JWCC in attendance for the Cause!

MAny photographers from several news papers taking photo' s, Quite a good group of people turned up with special guest brian Burnet.(The ginger haired dude from the TV - I only know him as i was off ill for a few weeks and was forced to watch "Unemployment" T.V.)

We all gathered at the new entrance and had to slowly drop down into quariers village - behind our group we had roughly 20 odd school kids on bikes and we made it look like a chain gang effect with the paparazi snapping away.

Quite well organized and lets hope it will encourage others to use the track!

The new route to Quariers village looks like a mini alpine descent!

For a 5 year old it would feel like a mini Alpe D'Huez climb on the way back up.

All very impressive!

Great to se so many youngters enjoying the bike's and some of them even raced up the climb giving it full Malky with Donald Scally doing a bit shouting behind them UP UP UP UP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to sure about the full history of that new bike track into Quariers but i did over hear someone saying the reason for this gathering was to show thanks to the local people who all Helped to raise Cash for this to be build.

;-)Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Cheers

Stevie B.

P.s. Messrs Manson would have been suited for this with his Retro Tops and 24/7 cyclists sun tan! ;-)