i spoke to soon

Stevie Blom

me and pc plod still trying to get to grips with look pedals andreas mac decided late friday night to go out saturday morning to killcreggan!

so it was a lovely morning ,

beuatiful gray sky's no sunshine in sight what more can you ask for in scotland???

anyway we headed oot towards the george tn rd and up over the erskine bridge.

as we got over the bridge andy shouted "keep to the left cause we are heading doon the loch lomond rd" as i did not have a clue where i was going.

its not a nice rd to be on all those fast cars bolting by you like sean doing a tt!!!

after a few miles on that rd andy who was riding next to me on the outside kept looking behind his shoulder to check if any idiot was driving to close to us.

to my surprise andy mac looks rounds see's a car heading behind us and not stopping :(:(

andy then gets out of the saddle chippo style and sprints by me in to a safe area.

next thing i know the car behind us slams on the brake BIGTIME ..............(when the bear growls you empty your bowls) i could smell the burning smell of the tyres friction on the rd.

during the time of the car melting on the brakes i honestly thought i was R.I.P.!!! i needed some pampers in too never mind the savlon to protect your skin :oops:

then back to reality , the car driver was badly shocked as he thought he had nearly knocked us in to our graves, he eventually drove by and gave us a wave

as if to say eh sorry guys!

by about 11am we got into glen frui (i think) just by the army barracks.

well thats where i heard the sound that you dont want to hear at anytime ?

it was not a puntcure not a cable snapping ..................

it was two SPOKES!!!!!!

once again i required pampers as i thought i was walking 35miles home :cry::cry:

it was not to be as i cycled to killcreggan with a gigantic buckle which amazingly held of my super heavy weight of 85kg!!!

as we got closer to the ferry terminal andy was talking about the weather conditions which we where cycling through , he was explaining that the ferry could be suspended due to the wind etc.....he then told me that its only 1 of those smaller type boats which only takes passengers and no cars.

NOW thats got my mind working again thinking two broken spokes and my wheels are getting worse per the rev :cry::cry: where are those pampers ........

gets to the ferry and it wasnt suspended then got on the train at gourock and back in sunny johnstonia for 2pm.

even paulo el mechanico and his genius mechanical skils could not have helped!

lesson learned from this?

i should have listened to the big man in the wheel craft shop who told me the wheels i had where really bad!!!!(factory wheels)

we got 40 miles in the bag and did the whole trip in the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ring kenny!!!

p.s. thanks andy for all the spoke type jokes man

johan

• 2 weeks later...