Anyone remember an old Wheeler - Neil Hickey?

Guest fatblokeonbike

Guest fatblokeonbike

A friend of mine passed this to me yesterday. Can anyone recall Neil? - and fancy a visit?

Today I visited Neil Hickey. He is a past member of Johnstone Wheelers but unfortunately has suffered from Parkinson's disease for the last 18 years and is now very disabled. He still buys cycling magazines and is interested in the sport. I asked him if he would like to know what is going on in the club now, but he said no-one would know him as it is many years since he was active. I gather he was pretty good at it.

Can you find out if anyone in the Wheelers remembers him and if anyone would like to contact him. He lives between Howwood and Lochwinnoch and would probably enjoy a visit from members. His wife is an excellent baker and would probably provide a pretty good tea!

Unquote.

If anyone can help, that would be A Nice Thing To Do; the approach of Christmas and Ne'erday is always a time for making contact.

Perhaps he could be a stop on a Saturday or Sunday run?

Yoooors,

Iain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------