Glasgow and West of Scotland Cyclesport Working Group update

Iain M

From minutes by Rab Wardell> WE WILL be looking for some news on any volunteer recruitment for events, as well as potential commisaires and timekeepers.

Grass Track – we still haven’t had permission granted for the area we are looking for. I have yet to meet with Stevie and Marilyn the park management at Pollok to get things sorted due to their busy schedules. I’m confident we’ll have something sorted but will be pushed to get it done for next Wed. I’ll do my best though.

§ Crits – Jake and I met with Eddie Hutcheson from Land Services events last week and he was happy to run events at Glasgow Green. However, with a full calendar of events in the park from July and August we can only fit in 2 crits in June. He has been helpful with looking at alternative venues and the roads in Pollok Park and the new Glasgow Transport museum have come up as options.

§ East End 5km Road Race – Land Services have come forward with a one hour slot at the East End 5km fun run for a bike race. It’s a 5km closed road circuit on main roads next to the Glasgow Velodrome site. If there is anyone interested in organising an event on the 12th June let me know and we can take it on.

§ Commisaires course – these are free of charge and funded by BC I believe. A date is yet to be set by Tom Forbes and will likely be just before the WOSCA Track champs on the 14th August.

§ Glasgow 48’s @ Cathkin Braes. We now have a provisional dates and organiser. Providing we can get enough support around the group this will go ahead. The provisional dates are 2nd 9th and 16th of August.

WE WILLl be looking for some news on any volunteer recruitment for events, as well as potential commisaires and timekeepers. I’ll also hopefully have dates and venues confirmed for events.

VOLUNTEERS PLEASE?

More detail Billy:

Calling all future Cycle Race Commissaires.

Scottish Cycling are running commissaire training courses in Dumfries for anyone interested in becoming a qualified commisaire in Road, Track and MTB XC. The courses will be split over 2 dates. The first being held on 2nd April 2011 will cover the mandatory core unit that all commissaires have to attend and the MTB XC unit. The second date will be in May (date TBC) and will cover the road and track units.

The role of commissaire is a very important role for the operation of cycle sport promotion, with anyone taking on this role becoming a valued member of the volunteer community.

If your interested please contact Scottish Cycling Regional Development Officer Alan Denman either by email [email protected] or by phone 0753 808 3999

For full details please follow the link below.

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/scotla ... dates-2011