Winter training Camp easter 05.

Stevie Blom

Hi all.

I am planning another training camp trip to Rimini Italy.

As some of you may remember myself andy campbell , Ali winship Euan Mckay and Scott donaldson had a great time in Italy.

We have some definate candidates for another trip they are as follows:

1 Stevie Blom

2 Ali Winship

3 Euan Mckay

Hopefully we can get this booked for the easter holiday period of next year.

If anyone is interested please let me me by posting a message on this Forum.

Any questions you may have i will try my best to answer them from my own experience last year.

If you have a spare 30 minutes you can have a read at my report from last year

on the bunch.

In the meantime i will contact the belvedere hotel and request a new tariff as we where told if we bring more happy cyclists they would give us a discount etc.

Will look at cheap flights to Rimini or Bologna.

http://www.belvederericcione.com/cgi/be ... e=ciclisti

Please click on the link above and you can find out more details about this hotel.

Its even got an automatic video clip of the resort - you will find its well worth the money.

or try link http://www.belvederericcione.com

So if you are interested please let me know so can give Maria from the hotel a rough idea to how many people etc.

Stevie Blom

Up to 8 guides taking different ability groups every day (including mountain biking), other trips including bbqs and shopping in San Marino, fantastic all-inclusive buffet food for breakfast, afternoon and dinner, and evening walks for Gelato and weird cocktails!

Workshop for essential maintenance, and loads of German tourists to abuse on the mountains.. what more could you ask for.

Scott

• 1 month later...

Hi Stevie

Just heard that this coming year the hotel will be awarded 4 stars. Cycling and a bit of luxury can't be beaten !

:icon_yes

Scott

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey dude i know :grin:

Super 3 star it was last time you had thought it was Elite stuff mate.

It's got a report in cycling plus and from what i have seen its got a nice new

Swimming pool at the front Oh ya dancer !

So a swimming pool at the front and a lovely beach at the rear which is about 50 meters away.

Adriatic coast where the temperature is always about 20 degrees in april may time.

I reckon with the contact i have had a double room is going for 295 euro's for 7 days.

Plus roughly another 100 pounds for a return flight would see you ok for the week.

As for spending cash not much needed!!!!

You will Get a Buffet Breakfast in the morning plus a Pre packed lunch is made up for your journey which consists of Fruits - Bread plus plenty of water.

Its got all you need as most runs will stop for an hour.

So you will not need to buy anything from shops etc just a few energy bars tucked in yer jersey.

Normally these runs are split in 3 groups :

1st group : Long ride normally 100 - 150 km an all day shot leaving 9am and back for 4-5pm.

Bunch ride speeds are sensible so roughly a constant 18-20mph.

2nd group: Medium run with most riders in the hotel opting for this 1!!

About 70-100 km - As per above only arrive earlier than above run.

3rd group : Now no 1 should be out with this mob unless you are a total beginner or looking for a easy recovery ride.

Let me asure you that some folks on this run find speed bumps on the rd

Too much to climb.

The Night before the tour guides Pin up maps of all 3 routes for the following day so you can brief yourself - Quite good idea - plenty of information To altitudes etc

Now Riding into the world Marco Pantani Trained every day - Those mountains are not like the alps but more like half an alpe but plenty of them so much to climb.

They are also steep so best with a 27 or 28.

Some of the longer runs take you directly into the heart of TUSCANA.

You cant beat that type of scenery - Its like some parts of scotland but imagine it with some sunshine ????

Ali Euan and Andy all hired out bikes - these where top bikes some of them even C40's!

Cost for a weeks hire is 60.00GBP.

The Idea is to get 750 km plus 10,000 meters climbing in the entire week.

I would reckon all in 400 Would Do you for the weeks stay all in but this depends on how cheap your flights will be ?

If anyone inerested then let me know.

Stevie Blo.

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323