Glenmarnock Roller Racing Series

mattulyatt

I went along to the first in the series this evening. Due to some licencing and insurance difficulties there was no "racing" this evening and we were just testing out the rollers to ensure everthing worked.

And I can report that it does, indeed, work! :smash

Although the turnout was fairly low (probably in part due to the posts on the Braveheart forum that there would be no racing proper this week) the atmosphere was pretty good and Steven Quinn has some grand ideas for the coming weeks (including 250m and 500m races, and the potential for some races for some of the Jets, maybe).

It's looking very much like all will be sorted by next week, so it would be grand if a few could make it along.

Oh ya dancer !

Matt

Kenny,

There are four sets of rollers in total with two set up to hold the front wheel for beginners and those less confident (such as myself) and two for those brave souls who are prepared to risk flying off into the end of the club room!

The format of the events has not been fully confirmed as yet but keep an eye on the Braveheart topic at http://www.braveheartcyclingfund.com/Co ... IC_ID=4766 for updates which are sure to appear at some point this week.

It was just myself from the club this week, though I believe Jim was also interested.

Scheduled start time next week is 7:30pm to give the guys time to set up and allow people extra time to get in from work etc.

I'll let you know if I hear any other updates.

Matt