Blackwood to Peebles and Back 100 miler – Sunday 13th April

Dennis

After last year’s successful run on Borders roads, another one is planned this year. The timing of this run will fit in with Sportive and personal training programmes. What’s more, the roads hopefully will be clear of salt, so it should be time to get out the good bikes! :grin:

There will be some subtle changes to the route, with fewer BIG hills, but still lots of WEE-ER ones. Café stops are optional both ways and lunch will again be at the Hub MTB Café, near Peebles. Magnificent views, great Borders back roads with mostly good road surfaces, are not optional, but mandatory! Morag has again kindly volunteered to lay on soup, cakes and tea at our place after the run. Come with me to the Casbah.

One of the many reasons for the success of last year’s run was the fact that the bunch kept together all the way. This will be our aim again this year, as well as to finish a 100 mile run as freshly as we started! It can be done you know; we proved it last year… :roll:

Some of you may know that I have had a heart rhythm problem over the last year and a half, and I’m glad to say that it’s now been resolved. As a way of saying ‘thank you’ to the local hospital, I would like to make available, on the day of the run, a voluntary fund-raising box. The proceeds from this will go some way towards the purchase of pocket cardio-memos, as the hospital has a shortage of these instruments. These are used to record what the heart is actually doing when a patient experiences heart rhythm problems, and if one had been available to me, my problem would have been resolved much earlier. Maybe I wouldn’t have been dropped on the climbs quite so often! Any contributions to this cause would be gratefully received.

Finally, it’s hoped we’ll be joined by members of the Royal Albert, as well as other local riders.

More details to follow nearer the time.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I'm definately up for that - so count me in. It was an excellent outing last year.

I know you've been doing some DIY at home lately, so there's still time to get that 'pay as you go' box fitted to your toilet door. If last year is anything to go by, you could make a small fortune. :lol:

Cheers,

Lesley