Cycling Insurance

Richard Binnie

Have just read the following discussion on the braveheart website

http://braveheartfund.com/Community/top ... IC_ID=3636

obviously a very serious issue and not an area which i have fully explored As such I am seeking some advice on this subject.

One of the posts states that 3rd party insurance can is obtained when you join a club, the CTC or become an unattached member of Scottish Cycling.

I would appreciate it if someone could advise as to whether we as members of JWCC have 3rd party insurance and if so to what extent does it cover us, eg club runs only, individual training runs etc.

Without wishing to start a discussion on the ins and outs of litigation I would be grateful for the comments and advice of others.

Richard

Richard

it's news to me if any individual cycling club's membership fee includes liability insurance. BCF Silver Membership (£35 a year) and CTC membership (also £35 a year) both offer this benefit. If you can get the same level of cover just by joining Johnstone Wheelers (£20 a year) then you're getting a really good deal.

I haven't really thought it because I've been a member of BCF for the last year and CTC for about 10 years before that. If I remember rightly the CTC insurance covers you for most types of cycling including time-trials but definitely not road racing. I believe the BCF insurance covers you for road-racing (you would think so?)

If you join the CTC, you also get a bimonthly magazine which is a bit different from the other cycling mags - as you would expect it's not at all racing-oriented and more about "real-world cycling".

Tony