Minutes of committee meetings

Kenny MacDonald

Kenny,

I know you weren't happy about making the minutes available online (for example, as the Edinburgh Road Club do), and assume that the committee also takes this view.

However, in order to avoid the need for someone to open the clubrooms to make the minutes available for the Sunday runs groups, is the next best solution not to simply issue the minutes to members by a simple attachment to an email? I know of other organisations that use this method.

Is there any strong reason why the JWCC couldn't do this?

Dennis

• Members

Dennis

comm. decision was not to post minutes on bunch or to send individually to members . The decision to post minutes on noticeboard was done to make minutes public to members. It was also seen as a way to open up clubrooms to more members, each bunch has a keyholder amongst its regulars. The clubrooms are an underused facility and this is seen as a way to open them up to more members. I hate to use this phrase but here goes "traditionally in past" this was the norm , as you may recall from when you first started riding from the clubrooms.This is an attempt to reintroduce this practice as well soup & sandwiches following reliabilitiesetc to get the clubrooms used on a more regular basis.