Falkirk APR 16-09-07

Tony

Terrible weather didn't stop 35-40 riders turning out for this event organised by Falkirk BC. 5 laps of a 10-mile course.

I started in group 2 (of 5). They dropped me after 1 lap, then I got picked up 10 mins later by a large bunch about 20-strong which I think was groups 3 and 4 combined. Managed to stay with them for almost 2 laps, then somebody jumped, the pace picked up and I had nothing left - off the back again and rode laps 4 and 5 on my own.

Ryan Connor was the winner and Stuart McGregor first vet (not that I saw either of them apart from possibly a fleeting glimpse when the scratch group came past me on lap 4). I think Ryan was one of the Ballymena contingent (they even had their own supporters bus with them.)

A good learning experience for me - both of the groups that I rode with were very well-organised. It was such a blast I didn't even notice how cold and wet I was :lol::lol::lol: