A wider market-place.

Guest fatblokeonbike

Guest fatblokeonbike

As agreed at the AGM, I posted to all the Cycling Clubs within easy reach of Renfrewshire an invitation to monitor The Bunch's forum "Wheels'n'Deals".

The text of the post is as here -

One bit of business that was suggested at our AGM was that I should write to you, as part of a nearby Club, to invite your members to participate in the Wheels'n'Deals section of The Bunch. The idea is that the larger market-place would benefit just about everybody: those who were selling bikes'n'pieces would be dangling their juicy bits(!) in front of a larger number of buyers/swappers, and those who were looking for bitz'v bikes would equally have more sellers/swappers to check out.

National cycling magazines are all very well but if you spy the ideal pair of wheels only to realise that they're 100 to 200 (or more) miles away, and the guy isn't keen on letting you inspect the gear before you buy, it kind of takes the shine off things. In contrast, if members of adjacent Clubs were able to meet and inspect the goodies in the course of, say, an hour's drive, maximum, we think that would be A Good Thing all round.

The Bunch is at http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php and no-one need be a member of JWCC to read it, or to register (it's free) and pursue buying and selling on-line between fellow-cyclists. (I expect many of our blokes know many of your blokes, anyway.)

So, if you see a name popping up in The Bunch - a name of someone you know is with another Club, just consider that we're enlarging your market-place, both for selling and buying. You might also spread The Word a wee bit yourselves - every little helps.

HTH.

Yooors,

Iain.