Rothesay Century Ride - 9th September 2006

CraigUK

Hi all,

As you can see, first post. I normally hide over on the Cyclingplus forum and wasn't aware of this one untill today.

I've organised a ride out for a few of the C+ forum members starting out from Helensburgh and riding around over the Rest and Be Thankfull to Rothesay and then around from Wemyss Bay over the Erskine Bridge and back to Helensburgh. I thought I would advertise the ride to a few local clubs as like any bike event, the more the merrier!!! I supose it's not that different a route than the Dunoon one earlier this month. If anyone is interested you can find some more details on the C+ site at the link below>>>

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... C_ID=97691

I've been riding around with the Glasgow United guys for a couple of months now so hopefully I might badger a couple of them into riding it too. I'm away for a couple of weeks after this weekend so appologies if I don't reply to any comments

Welcome Craig,good to see you found us.I know a few of the United guys and Im sure your in good hands,have you come across John McGrory yet?,he thinks he looks like Tom Cruise but in reality he is more like a cruise on the waverley doon the Clyde in winter!!. I will have a wee look at the site and if it doesn't clash I will come by,maybe bring a few others as I believe it is good to get clubs out together for the social side.Have a good holiday.

Cheers for passing the word round Dougie. I also sent some info to Ivy, Nightingales and Courers so hopefully someone there may be interested too. I know John, he and Richie were on the Erskine 100 a couple of weeks ago, now you mention it I can see the Cruise ressemblance :-?

On the Diary thing, the Balloch to Dunoon road race is on the 10th Sept which is the following day so there is a chance that a few riders will be saving their weekend riding for that.

Ahh,Richie,he of matching club gear and Cannondale bike to boot!!!,a good lad and always supports our century ride,you could do worse than ride with those guys. Does John still wear his Versace cycling kit and Tom Boonen shoes co's he had them on 2 weeks ago and usually only wears things once as he thinks it's cheaper to buy new than to wash :-P !!!!,cheers mate.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would bump this back up to the top of the forum. Yes that's right, this weekend and with the Balloch to Dunoon RR apparently being cancelled this could be a good opportunity to put a couple of miles in those legs. Fingers crossed the weather will not be a repeat of last weekend.