Need help planning a tour of Scotlands West Coast

johna

I am taking a week off work to tour the islands and or the west coast. I have a ticket from Cal Mac that allows me to visit any island during that time.

I would like to eventually get to the top i.e Durness.

Also I would like to do loads of miles and lose this weight that I keep talking about.

Anyone got any a advice on routes etc?

Ardrossen to Arran Brodick to Lochranza ferry to Claonaig Tarbert Lochgilphead Oban ferry to Mull ferry to Lochaline or Kilchoan Ardnamuchan Strontain Salen Mallaig ferry to Skye Armadale Skye Uig ferry to Tarbert Isle of Lewis Stornaway ferry to Ullapool Kylesku Scourie Laxford bridge Durness

will take way more than a week plenty to see on the way and not to much traffic. Have fun you'll be half fit on your return

Cheers

Robert [/b]

I would miss out Arran, Kintyre etc (you can easily do Arran/Islay/Jura in a long weekend so best save it for another time) and take the train to Oban, ferry to Barra (don't miss out Vatersay) and head up the island chain to Harris/Lewis then on to Skye, Mallaig (visit Camusdarach beach) and down to Ardnamurchan then a couple of days on Mull/Iona and back to Oban....