Cotic Roadrat singlespeed (medium) £150

Cotic Roadrat singlespeed bike, size medium (to suit adult height roughly 5'8" to about 6'). The frame has been powder-coated in blue and does not have the original Cotic decals. The paintwork is in fair condition - a bit scuffed but no serious scratches and no rust.

• Shimano Deore LX v-brakes
  • Continental Travel Contact 700x35mm tyres
  • SKS P45 mudguards
  • pannier rack
  • 42x18 gearing (a spare, unused 16-tooth cog is included in price)
  • touring-spec wheels handbuilt by Alistair Gow of Wheelcraft

Please note I am selling the bike without pedals as these are a highly personal thing. If you want to come round and see the bike and take it for a test ride, bring a set of pedals with you and I will happily fit them for you.

Please note this is a first-generation Roadrat - they revised the frame design about a year ago and a couple of things are different - e.g. the current Roadrat has the rear disc mount on the chainstay whereas mine has it on the seatstay. Also the current model has a gear hanger welded onto the rear dropout whereas mine has a separate gear hanger which fits over the skewer (should you wish to run gears instead of a singlespeed setup).

In summary this is a very versatile bike which can be run with derailleur gears, singlespeed or with a planetary-geared hub (I used it with an Alfine 8-speed hub at one stage). It can also take disc brakes - it has disc mounts front and rear. If you want to know the exact frame dimensions you can get these from the Cotic website - as far as I know the dimensions and frame geometry have not changed since the first-generation Roadrat.

Photos here:

https://www.flickr.c...57644299487537/

07896-153853 if you are interested

• 2 weeks later...

Kapow!!! Price drop!!!! Now only £150. Climb like a god!!! Descend like a swooping falcon!!! Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!! Or just use it for riding down to the shops. Never raced or crashed

• 3 weeks later...